[fpc-devel] estimating function code size

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Mon Jan 23 10:43:49 CET 2012

On Mon, January 23, 2012 05:14, waldo kitty wrote:
> On 1/21/2012 18:07, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
>> Am 18.01.2012 13:54, schrieb Gennadiy Poryev:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> In my project (win32) I need to estimate the number of machine code
>>> bytes  of a certain function.
>>
>> What about using the map file?
>
> there's a map file? how is it created? i'm already using the "godwarf" or
> some
> such command line parameters... the line in question has already been
> written
> about and recommended numerous times... i just do not recall it from
> memory but
> this one part ;)

Have you tried running fpc without parameters (to see the complete list)
or looking at our documentation? Anyway, the parameter for link generation
is -Xm.

Interestingly, I just noticed that it doesn't work for OS/2 (it seems that
I've never implemented the required support for that), but there is no
reason why it shouldn't work and I'll fix it.

Tomas