[fpc-devel] Access violation during compilation

kyan alfasud.ti at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 12:39:39 CET 2012

Hello everyone.

I am trying to port a set of Delphi libraries to FPC and during
compilation from the Lazarus IDE I get a "Compilation aborted" without
any other explanation. Doing the build from a command prompt I get
this:

Compiling unit1.pas
Compiling C:\Projects\MkCtrls\PropStorage.pas
Compiling C:\Projects\MkCtrls\UHom.pas
Compiling C:\Projects\MkCtrls\uHomXPath.pas
Fatal: Compilation aborted
An unhandled exception occurred at $0000000100042D3C:
EAccessViolation: Access violation
  $0000000100042D3C
  $0000000100120431
  $000000010011EC8B
  $0000000100121075
  $000000010012109C
  $000000010012109C
  $000000010012109C
  $0000000100121DFB
  $000000010010CC45
  $0000000100109CF8
  $000000010010C68B
  $000000010010CC75
  $0000000100107BF4
  $0000000100107A39
  $000000010003D596
  $000000010014759E
  $00000001001520A1

It seems that the compiler itself throws an AV. I am trying to isolate
the code structure that causes this AV so that I can rewrite it or
report a bug but I haven't been able to do it so far because the
involved units are quite complex and depend on each other and other
units heavily.

Is there any way to get the compiler to give me more information about
what causes the AV? I am using fpc 2.7.1 for OS Win64 and CPU x86/64
but I get the same result with Win32/i386.

ΤΙΑ.