[fpc-devel] Adding compiler directives?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Jan 18 03:59:28 CET 2012

Paul Robinson schrieb:

> The new directives are first, for printing capability:
>

> $LIST $LISTING $PRINT
>
> These are all the same (all three would be equivalent), and control
> the generation of listings of source code.  Currently the compiler
> does not do listings, and I think it's an important feature (Pascal
> Compilers from mainframe and minicomputer systems did do this, and I
> miss the functionality.)

Nowadays the user has full control over his printer, its capabilities,
and a bunch of tools to provide listings in various formats, fonts etc.
No need for adding all that to an compiler, as opposed to batch
processing on old mainframes.

> A most desperately missing feature - Cross Reference generation.

Have a look at Lazarus, where you'll find tools that can do much more
than the old mainframe utilities.

DoDi