[fpc-devel] Pointer cache for fast class/pointer access.

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Jan 5 11:22:46 CET 2012

On 01/04/2012 07:14 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

>>> Better question: what common capabilitiers are implemented
>>> differently in Object and TObject?
>> The funny thing being that TObject is a class and not an Object :-)
>

> That makes *what* difference?

I once for some reason tried to compile TurboVision with Lazarus. In
TurboVision TObject is an object, in Lazarus TObject is a class.

As this only was a test, after some lame efforts to solve the problem, I
gave up.

So it does make a difference :)

And the funny thing is just the naming Borland chose when moving from TP
to Delphi. There is a concept called "Object" that is similar but not
identical to a concept called "class" and now they do a type "TObject =
class".

-Michael