[fpc-devel] Pointer cache for fast class/pointer access.

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 4 14:26:15 CET 2012

Am 04.01.2012 13:33, schrieb Marcos Douglas:
> Object type is (very) older than Class type and I don't think the core
> team wanted some similarity between Object and Class types. Everybody
> prefer classes so, the Object type was forgotten.

It wasn't the core team who introduced the differences between classes
and objects, but Borland, who first created the "object system" in Turbo
Pascal and later switched to the more advanced "class system".

> I thinking if the Object type will be deprecated in the future... I hope not.

As Free Pascal still writes on its flag that it is compatible to Turbo
Pascal I doubt that it will be deprecated (also there is quite some code
in the compiler and also in some packages which use object).

Regards,
Sven