[fpc-devel] [Go32v2] LFN FindFirst bug

Marco Borsari borsa77 at libero.it
Tue Feb 28 21:20:41 CET 2012

Jonas Maebe wrote:

> That is by design, see http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/sysutils/findfirst.html (the same goes for the findfirst from the Dos unit)
>
> You have to check the attributes of the returned entries to see whether they match what you want. This is TP/Delphi-compatible.

I don't know of Delphi compatibility, but sure not for TP and/or FPC
itself when doslfn is disabled. It cannot be other than that, because
the interrupt service which lies on short FindFirst don't accept in the
cx required criteria, but only allowable. Retaining this discrepance
makes old application that use file searching to crash when running on
new environment.
Marco