[fpc-devel] possibility to include compiler info (line number) as integer rather than string

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 22:49:36 CET 2012

Quoting http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/prog/progsu38.html

--------------------
the {$INCLUDE} directive inserts a string constant in the source code.

LINE
    Linenumer on which the directive is found.
--------------------

How hard would it be for me to modify the FPC preprocessor to add an
option (INTLINE or something) to insert a numeric constant in the
source code rather than a string constant?

If that would be doable, could anyone give me a pointer on where in
the source code I'd look to begin? I haven't delved much into that
realm of the compiler's code as of yet.

Thanks,

-SG

--
This email is fiction. Any resemblance to actual events
or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Seth Grover