[fpc-devel] Faster InitObject

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 23 20:37:48 CET 2012

Amir schrieb:

>>> Incl. Self. Called Function
>>> 29.78 29.72 26M SYSTEM_FILLCHAR$formal$INT64$BYTE
>>> 19.07 19.07 123M SYSTEM_MOVE$formal$formal$INT64
>>> 3.63 3.63 70M SYSTEM_SYSGETMEM_FIXED$QWORD$$POINTER
>>
>> I suspect that the procedure initialization time is added to the first
>> explicit statement. The initialization can include try-except/finally
>> blocks, memory allocation (in constructors) or more.
>>
>> Please create another procedure or method, that uses FillChar not as the
>> first statement, and test again.
>>
> I am not sure what you are asking. The callgrind outputs the call tree
> and other information....

It's not the first time that somebody complains about slow FillChar. I
simply doubt that it really as slow as reported. In above table I'd
expect that SysGetMem should be slower than FillChar.

DoDi