[fpc-devel] Re: Changing Windows API A routines in SysUtils to W in Windows NT

Thaddy thaddy at thaddy.com
Mon Feb 6 20:55:03 CET 2012

On 6-2-2012 20:21, Sven Barth wrote:

> Out of interest: Which flag are you talking about? Because I'm not
> aware of any such flag.
>
> Regards,
> Sven

It is known which versions are unicode. I am merely refering to the OS
version flags. These are the ones which determine if the windows version
is unicode or ansi.
There's no point in running an ansi compiled  exe on a unicode platform.
Once a programmer decides his/hers minimum requirements, the compiler
should obey. The OS does (up to a certain point)
These decisions should be made by the compiler based on platform choice,
not in rtl code. That should be optional (as of 2010/XE this is also D
compatible)