[fpc-devel] Re: Changing Windows API A routines in SysUtils to W in Windows NT

Thaddy thaddy at thaddy.com
Mon Feb 6 19:39:26 CET 2012

On 6-2-2012 17:54, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> The related bug tracker item is:
>
> http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=21114

IMO This should not be done that way (at all):
MS does it by respecting the PE flag for unicode and expects strings
accordingly: If the PE says it's unicode, a default string should be
unicode, (so apiW) if the header says ansi the default should be apiA.
Just my three cents.
But that still requires changes, I agree with that part.
This might be an issue for xplatform, although I believe nixes have the
same behaviour.