[fpc-devel] Bounty for MIPS

Jy V jyv110 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:09:14 CET 2012

Excellent. this is nice to see interest from other developers with the
Netgear WNDR3800,

not only I can ship a Netgear WNDR3800 to the home of any developer willing
to spend time to port FPC for MIPS,
but I am also ready to offer a reasonable bounty to get motivated anyone
that would help to catchup the MIPS support as of current state of FPC
(2.6),
for each of the following item:
1. compiling a program for OpenWRT MIPS on the WNDR3800
2. cross-compiling a program for OpenWRT MIPS from Lazarus IDE on a PC
Linux x64 (or Windows x64, up to your choice to simplify)
3. remote debugging in a QEMU MIPS VM running on the host Linux x64 (or
Windows x64, up to your choice to simplify)
4. remote debugging of the target embedded device from the development PC
Linux x64 (or Windows x64, up to your choice to simplify)

the goal is "hack for the poor" the low end 20 euros device TPLINK
TL-WR703N (4MB flash, 32MB RAM) which is based on similar Atheros MIPS CPU
as the Netgear WNDR3800,

I will be at Fosdem this week-end if anyone would be interested in
discussing on-site about this community effort,

Jerome.