[fpc-devel] Warning: Implicit string type conversion

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 2 12:51:22 CET 2012

Paul Ishenin schrieb:
> 02.02.2012 17:00, Hans-Peter Diettrich пишет:

>> Dumb question: what's the default "string" type in FPC trunk? When it's
>> AnsiString, in which situations are UnicodeString conversions really
>> required, in contrast to pre-UnicodeString versions?
>
> The default string type is ShortString/AnsiString and this depends on
> {$h+/-} option.

What's the codepage/encoding of AnsiString? Depending on the platform?

> UnicodeString convertions are required when string in
> one codepage is converted to another or when ansistring is assigned to
> unicode/wide string type.

In many places I could not find strings of different encoding nor
unicode/widestrings. That's why I asked for other reasons, which in
pre-Unicode FPC didn't require any conversion - in these cases it had
been necessary to convert the strings explicitly, what should be obvious
in the (old) source code.

Can char or string literals or resource strings cause implicit
conversions? What's the encoding of resource strings?

DoDi