[fpc-devel] AMD & Intel CPUCount

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Fri Dec 28 08:12:56 CET 2012

On 27/12/2012 23:06, Ewald wrote:
> Oh, and the important part: The function has been tested on a Core 2 Duo
> and an Intel i7, and works correctly. If someone would be so kind to
> test it on some other CPU's that would be great! [I'm not 100% of the
> hexadecimal of `AuthenticAMD` you see]

Inconsistent results here with hyperthreading:
Xeon W3530 (4 cores hyperthreading) reports #CPU cores: 8. /proc/cpuinfo
lists 8 processors and 4 cpu cores
Intel Atom 230 (1 core hyperthreading) reports #CPU cores: 1 while
/proc/cpuinfo reports 2 processors and 1 cpu core.

processor    : 7
vendor_id    : GenuineIntel
cpu family    : 6
model        : 26
model name    : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           W3530  @ 2.80GHz
stepping    : 5
microcode    : 0x11
cpu MHz        : 2801.000
cache size    : 8192 KB
physical id    : 0
siblings    : 8
core id        : 3
cpu cores    : 4

processor    : 1
vendor_id    : GenuineIntel
cpu family    : 6
model        : 28
model name    : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  230   @ 1.60GHz
stepping    : 2
cpu MHz        : 1599.570
cache size    : 512 KB
physical id    : 0
siblings    : 2
core id        : 0
cpu cores    : 1

AMD Athlon X2 5600+ reports #CPU cores: 2. /proc/cpuinfo reports 2
processors and 2 cores.

Ludo