[fpc-devel] Forwarded message about FPC statusy

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Tue Dec 25 18:01:50 CET 2012

Am 25.12.2012 15:28, schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 12:55:41 +0100 (CET)
> marcov at stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> The numbers Martin names (up till 10 times slower, even without linking) are
>> the numbers I have in mind too. IMHO denial without tests is unfair.
>
> Maybe the parallelization could be improved?

Yes, this might be a good solution for the future but last time this
topic came up, Martin still wanted to run FPC on some almost 10 years
old machine so parallelization does not help. Another thing would be an
fpc compiler daemon which stays in memory between compilations and keeps
also ppus loaded.