[fpc-devel] mips-linux and mipsel-linux snapshots available

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Dec 24 13:51:58 CET 2012

Nikolai Zhubr wrote:
> Hi Sergei and Mark,
> 16.12.2012 12:41, Sergei Gorelkin:
> [...]
>> This was caused by insufficient alignment of Double-typed temp
>> variables, fixed in r23146.
>> Moreover, it appeared that function UnixToWinAge wasn't doing anything
>> useful since year 2005, so it was removed in r23145, making
>> FindFirst/FindNext routines somewhat faster (and able to run without
>> FPU).
>>
>> Now I am able to run the big-endian MIPS compiler on QEMU. Hoping you'll
>> be able to reproduce it, too.
>
> This is to remind you guys that if you wish to do some
> testing/debugging/etc on a real mips device via ssh, two debian mips
> boxes (big and little endian) with plenty of disk space are running here
> 24/7 for exactly that purpose. They are not much loaded and I can create
> some account(s) for you any time.

Thanks Nikolai, noted with thanks. However at the moment- for reasons
related to other things I've got on the boil- I'm trying to limit myself
to machines that I've actually got in my "museum". I've got SGI although
only running IRIX at the moment, little-endian hardware remains a
problem and in practical terms I'm not sure I can put very much more
effort into it.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk