[fpc-devel] Forwarded message about FPC status

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Dec 21 17:46:26 CET 2012

> It would be good to keep those facts in mind before ranting.

Cutting out a whole lot of crap: as somebody very much on the periphery
of the project, I'm disappointed to see sentiments of this tenor being
aired in public.

First, in traditional debate it's not considered necessary to be quite
so explicit naming names: anybody who follows the project would probably
understand "certain persons are difficult to get on with because they
have their own agenda" entirely adequately.

Second, there are a number of other projects and commercial products
with which we are in friendly competition. If there's internal friction,
there's no need to give them a grandstand view.

I'd suggest some sort of resolution mechanism is needed, where somebody
can request permission to address the core developers on a private list,
and the core developers can "call somebody onto the carpet". Provided
that the public was aware that attempts were being made to resolve
something off-list, and provided that a summary was posted when the dust
had settled, I think something like that would be adequately transparent.

Me, I've no complaints about the project except for the difficulty of
working out the details of the compiler etc.

Apart from that, happy Midwinter Solstice everyone.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk