[fpc-devel] Forwarded message about FPC status

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 09:23:29 CET 2012

On Tuesday 18 December 2012 19:07:47 Florian Klämpfl wrote:
> Am 17.12.2012 10:36, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Any FPC developer willing to comment on the status of some of these
> > issues (that have been years overdue)?
>
> It narrows basically down to the fact that fpc lacks developers and
> contributors, or do I miss something?

Don't you think after more than a year of decision-making about Unicode it is
necessary for a serious compiler to actually make and communicate a decision?
Don't you think for a serious compiler there should be communicated design
goals and the missing pieces and necessary boring improvements should be done
before adding sexy new things?
Or is FPC simply a playground for the FPC-developers? Then that should be
communicated too and I probably was wrong to invest so much time into the
development of MSEide+MSEgui.

Martin