[fpc-devel] utf8 in 2.6.0

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 18 14:53:01 CET 2012

Am 18.12.2012 14:47, schrieb Anton Kavalenka:
> On 15.12.2012 21:35, Martin wrote:
>> I am trying to figure out how to do that, or what I do wrong. I found 
>> a page about $codepage, but it did not help 
>> http://wiki.freepascal.org/LCL_Unicode_Support
>> I didnt find the fpc specific page, if exists (I suspect it does)
>> I am calling a function "function Foo(A:string)" {$mode objfpc}{$H+}
>> I call it with a constant, that contains an german umlaut. Checked 
>> with a hex editor, the constant in the source file is utf8
>> - If I save the source (in utf8), without a utf8 BOM, then it works 
>> fine on windows.
>> - If I had a bom, then the string received by the function appears to 
>> be ascii (checked memory dump in debugger "oe" becomes d6
>> - if I add {$codepage utf8} it also becomes ascii
>> If I do *not* add that, it seems something gos wrong with the 
>> encoding on a PowerPC Mac. Unfortunately this is someone else's pc, 
>> and I have no more info.
>> If I add it things also go wrong, only different. Again no more info.
>> -----------
>> I know the provided info, is very little. If there is anything 
>> obvious then tell me.
>> Thanks
>> _______________________________________________
>> fpc-devel maillist  - fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org
>> http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-devel
> Probably this is due to significant change in FPC 2.7 RTL
> *String* type implies the encoding inside
> under WIndows it is ANSI by default.
Martin's question is related to 2.6.0 (see his mail's subject) not 2.7.1.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-devel/attachments/20121218/d9c44b3d/attachment.html>

More information about the fpc-devel mailing list