[fpc-devel] FPC related fairy tale

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 21:20:13 CET 2012

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Mark Morgan Lloyd said:
>>> What's the Programmer's Workbench?
>> Shell, assemblers and so on according to Wikipedia- I'll know more when
>> I've got it installed. Basically, all the stuff that Apple has always
>> sworn their customers didn't need. At one time it had a Pascal compiler,
>> but I think that was dropped. Mentioned in the MacOS variant of FPC's
>> RTL, which looks like it's got at least some 68K stuff in there.
>
> MPW, I must have some of those downloads somewhere too.

MPW superficially running here. The PPC macos RTL doesn't compile out of
the box, I'll dig in presently and start a new thread rather than
extending this one indefinitely.

I'm putting notes as I go along in
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Target_MacOS which appears to have
been written in 2004/2005.

FPC for m68k targeting Linux currently doesn't build due to warnings:

Compiling paramgr.pas
paramgr.pas(297,17) Warning: unreachable code
paramgr.pas(343,21) Warning: unreachable code
paramgr.pas(578) Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
make[1]: *** [ppc68k] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/fpc/fpc-trunk/compiler'
make: *** [m68k] Error 2

Appears OK if -Sew removed but I've not tried running the result.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk