[fpc-devel] Please include gmp.dll in Win32 distribution of FPC 2.6.2 and later

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 06:38:07 CET 2012

Craig Peterson schrieb:
> On 12/2/2012 4:31 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
[...]

>> That's why I think that such libraries should be maintained by their
>> own developers, so that all bug fixes and improvements become
>> available immediately to the FPC users.
>
> Zlib is stable, not because it's maintained by "their own developers",
> but because the community contributes fixes and bug reports.

...which go into the C code, not automagically into any (Pascal...) port.
This was one of the reasons why I discontinued the work on my ToPas
converter.

>  Likewise,
> Abbrevia is much better now than a few years ago because I started
> maintaining and fixing it.  If you'd done that rather than badmouthing
> it and trying to reimplement it from scratch it would be even further
> along than it is.

We can discuss this topic somewhere else. Look how e.g. 7zip allows to
add new de/compression methods, and you'll understand that this the most
efficient way to go.

DoDi