[fpc-devel] Please include gmp.dll in Win32 distribution of FPC 2.6.2 and later

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 10:20:56 CET 2012

In my ongoing efforts to prevent elimination of Pascal/FPC from a set
of languages used to teach programming, I have recently encountered
another problem:
although FPC does include "gmp" unit for arbitrary-precision calculations,
programs compiled with it require "gmp" dynamic library.
This library currently is a separate download, which outlaws its usage
in programming competitions, forcing participants to use Java or
Python instead.

--
Alexander S. Klenin