[fpc-devel] MIPS target: progress report?

Pierre Free Pascal pierre at freepascal.org
Thu Aug 23 01:11:40 CEST 2012

I worked on it quite some time before leaving for holidays,
and tried to get it working again with current svn trunk...
I haven't yet checked if current svn trunk is
usable for mipsel target.

Currently, using revision 21906
you should be able to do a complete 'make all install' at
fpcsrc level with one restriction:
'make all' normally uses -O2 option
by default, but this optimization option is still broken for
mipsel cpu.
adding
  FPCCPUOPT=-O1 should enable a successful completion of the 'make all'.

As Sven mentioned , it still has something like 145 failures
for a testsuite, so there are still lots of open issues.

Commit rev 22196 fixes one problem related to fpu register saving.

Pierre Muller