[fpc-devel] Unicode in the RTL (my ideas)

Ivanko B ivankob4mse2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 10:27:03 CEST 2012

How many functions have you written that replaces
 characters in an UTF-8/UTF-16 string with different size characters?
Me adore UTF-8 - a great way of storing unicode text, using non-latin
passwords,.. ! But if we have the RTL string type UTF-8 then we should
also have whole RTL with optimized functions, procedures & clases for
it. Same for UCS-2( approx 50% finished), UCS-4... That's if we have a
type in RTL then we should also have its FULL support.