[fpc-devel] FPC 2.7.1 r22088 fails with compiler error in fpdoc.

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Aug 16 10:32:00 CEST 2012

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 16 August 2012 08:37, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>>  make cycle PP=ppcx64-2.6.0
>
> I always do...
>
>   make clean
>   <svn update>
>   make all FPC=<last stable FPC release>
>
> This always seems to work. I assume 'make all' gets translated to a
> 'make cycle' somehow? Or have I just been lucky for the last 5 years
> doing it my way?
>

> What's the difference between 'all' and 'cycle' options?

make cycle also gives you the latest compiler binary.

Since the original poster is using a trunk compiler, I assume he also wants the
compiler updated, because the RTL compiled with the latest release is useless
for the installed trunk compiler: It can only be used for compilation with the
latest release compiler.

Michael.