[fpc-devel] Compilation error

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sat Apr 7 12:38:02 CEST 2012

On 07 Apr 2012, at 12:19, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> I saw that Pierre regenerated all makefiles yesterday evening. (r20723),
> maybe that was done with an outdated tool or so.

No, since he did it to add support for new platforms so he had to use the most recent fpcmake (and if you look at the Makefile diffs, you can see the only changes are extra x86_64-openbsd things). Joost also made changes to fpmake yesterday, I guess those are the problem. I also got really strange errors in the testsuite builds from last night:

darwin/ppc:

[  8%] Compiled package paszlib
Start compiling package univint for target powerpc-darwin.
Warning: Source file "AUComponent.ppu" from package univint not found for powerpc-darwin
      Compiling src/MacOSAll.pas
The installer encountered the following error:
External command "/Users/fpc/snapshot/fpc-2.3/compiler/ppcppc -Tdarwin -FUunits/powerpc-darwin -Fu/Users/fpc/snapshot/fpc-2.3/rtl/units/powerpc-darwin -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Fu/Users/fpc/snapshot/fpc-2.3/rtl/units/powerpc-darwin -ap -dpowerpc -dRELEASE -Mmacpas -viq src/MacOSAll.pas" failed with exit code 1. Console output:
Target OS: Darwin for PowerPC
Compiling src/MacOSAll.pas
Fatal: Can't open file "MacOSAll.pas"
Fatal: Compilation aborted

darwin/ppc64:

[ 47%] Compiled package numlib
The installer encountered the following error:
External command "/Users/fpc/snapshot/fpc-2.3/compiler/ppcppc64 -Tdarwin -FUunits/powerpc64-darwin -Fu/Users/fpc/snapshot/fpc-2.3/rtl/units/powerpc64-darwin -Fusrc -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Fu/Users/fpc/snapshot/fpc-2.3/rtl/units/powerpc64-darwin -ap -dpowerpc64 -dRELEASE -viq BuildUnit_opengles.pp" failed with exit code 1. Console output:
Target OS: Darwin for PowerPC64
Compiling BuildUnit_opengles.pp
BuildUnit_opengles.pp(4,1) Fatal: Can't find unit gles11 used by BuildUnit_opengles
Fatal: Compilation aborted

(that package shouldn't even be compiled for darwin, but that's unrelated to the build error)

It looks like fpmake is changing the pwd before the compilation has started or so.

Jonas