[fpc-devel] New Windows gdb-binary

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Sep 30 16:45:58 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 21:47 +0800, Paul Ishenin wrote:
> 30.09.2011 21:02, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > For all those who are interested in new debug-features of fpc and gdb, I
> > have cross-compiled a gdb-executable for Windows.
> >
> > It's based on the Fedora-16 branch from the Archer project. But I added
> > a few patches of my own, namely the patch to recognize methods, setting
> > case-sensitivity off by default and a patch to allow evaluating
> > method-values (without actually calling them.)
> How can this be possible? Some internal virtual machine?

Huh? The compilation of the Fedora-gdb-sources for Windows? Fedora comes
with an out-of-the-box mingw cross-compiler. (Not really a vm)

yum install mingw32-gcc mingw32-binutils mingw32-w32api
get gdb sources through git (Archer)
./configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32 --disable-werror
make

Wait and copy gdb/gdb.exe to a Windows machine to test. For this to work
you need to have all other gdb build-dependencies installed on your
machine, ofcourse.

Joost

--
My Lazarus blog: http://www.lazarussupport.com/lazarus/weblog