[fpc-devel] Major problem with Move and Array of Int64

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 15:00:59 CEST 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Sergei Gorelkin
<sergei_gorelkin at mail.ru> wrote:
> Recently strings behavior was changed, they are now codepage-aware. The
> compiler can now implicitly convert strings from one encoding to another. To
> handle non-string data, you should use RawByteString type, or better yet
> non-string types like (dynamic) array of byte.

I always felt uncomfortable with converting binary types to strings
because I know older strings with #0 would cause memory leaks.  I
think this has something to do with the problem.

I think blobs should be stream objects so we can write/read that way.