[fpc-devel] ARM native compilation (Toshiba AC100)

Thomas Schatzl tom_at_work at gmx.at
Fri Sep 23 10:52:01 CEST 2011

 Hi,

 On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 08:17:17 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Thomas Schatzl wrote:
>
>> That is a known issue with 2.4.4 that it does not compile
>>trunk with optimization turned on. There seems to be a bug
>>that has been existing for a long time that has been triggered
>>by code changes in 18230; the ARM compiler is not as well
>>maintained as others.
>
>> I think 2.4.4 definitely builds when specifying -O- as extra build
>> options though. I am working on it, however I fear that -O- will need
>> to be set for some time.
>
> So I wonder what version/revision Delphi uses?

 The build that is used is the build with softfloat support (it's the
 only one we provide), which may be the only one that is affected by the
 recent bug(s), i.e. it is used as a starting compiler (in the original
 email). Further, reading Sash0k's original email again, he might be able
 to avoid the issue by cross-compiling a start compiler to ARM from a
 current trunk compiler enabling VFP (hardware FP) support. See
 http://wiki.freepascal.org/iPhone/iPod_development#Building_an_ARM_Cross-compiler
 for ideas.

 Btw, I'm not sure what FP type is using in his build because he does
 not specify.

 Delphi cross-compiles too, so it might be okay.

 Thomas