[fpc-devel] Major problem with Move and Array of Int64

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 08:00:47 CEST 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:12 AM, LacaK <lacak at zoznam.sk> wrote:

>> Did anyone recently do work on BLOB features to MySQL 5.1 connector?
>>

> there was commited only this
> http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/packages/fcl-db/src/sqldb/mysql/mysqlconn.inc?r1=17417&r2=18951
> which introduced mapping from MySQL TEXT datatype (character LOB) to
> TMemoField and BLOB (binary LOB) to TBlobField
> but I do not think, that this can cause your problems.
> L.

Well,  I did some recursive tests and there is nothing wrong with Move
or the Int64Array and supporting methods using the latest FPC/Lazarus.
 AND this issue is not a problem with PostgreSQL 9.1 - so at least I'm
able to continue working...

This is a problem with MySQL 5.1 and blobs - I'm surprised this isn't
more noticeable with other blob entries.

my app maps this particular field as SQL_LONGVARBINARY

Query.Params.ParamByName(sName).AsBlob:=uInt64Array.toBlob(Value);