[fpc-devel] ARM native compilation (Toshiba AC100)

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 14:34:33 CEST 2011

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Henry Vermaak wrote:
>> On 22 September 2011 10:26, Mark Morgan Lloyd
>> <markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>>> I got from there to 2.4 via (I think) 2.5 with Jonas's help, and
>>> since then
>>> have moved it between local machines as a binary. I can confirm that
>>> 2.4.4
>>> will build FPC trunk (2.7.1) on ARM, and that that can build Lazarus
>>> trunk.
>>
>> I got 2.4.4 here:
>>
>> ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/2.4.4/bootstrap/
>>
>> Maybe we should upload your 2.4.4 ppcarm if it compiles trunk without
>> problems.
>
> Important caveat: it compiles trunk on a Qemu-emulated system as
> described at http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Qemu_and_other_emulators
> However this being the case, such a system should be a good starting
> point if somebody then needed to progress to e.g. different FP support.
>
> I routinely build enough for my own use using the contents of
> fpcbuild/fpcsrc, would that be adequate (and how do I do the final
> packaging stage) and whither should I upload it?

On the other hand it's worth noting that I too am using -O-, so if
there's already a usable binary at the URL above I can't better it.

However I'd suggest that somebody update the main website to point to
it, even if it has an attached health warning.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk