[fpc-devel] Unicode support (yet again)

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Sep 16 03:49:37 CEST 2011

Martin schrieb:
> On 15/09/2011 19:52, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>> Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
>>>
> Any app that loads a text from disk.

Again: please answer my question first: How many *users*?

> it can never know what the text contains.

The *user* may know that, and he will see the text, when loaded e.g.
into a memo. When he wants to do more with the text, he has to choose
the right application for the job.

Honestly, I don't understand why everybody assumes that every
Unicode-aware application has to be a full-fledged text processor :-(

DoDi