[fpc-devel] Unicode support (yet again)

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Sep 15 14:10:58 CEST 2011

On 09/15/2011 01:26 PM, cobines wrote:

> I see. Then people switching from Delphi/Ansi to Lazarus/UTF-8 will
> have problems if they are not aware they have to adjust their
> applications.
Switching from Lazarus-pre-Unicode, Delphi pre-Unicode and
Delphi-Unicode will cause this problems (for not completely English
applications).

I don't have a Delphi-Unicode version, so I don't know what problems
will arrive when switching from Delphi pre-Unicode to Delphi-Unicode,
when the application is automatically converted to use NewDelphiStgrings
(and supposedly the 32 Bit Unicode Char type). But I was told there are
some.

-Michael