[fpc-devel] Unicode support (yet again)

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 11:41:14 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara
<luizmed at oi.com.br> wrote:
> Because if someone for some reason, like porting Delphi code, stays with a
> UTF16 string, under windows, when using RTL functions TWO conversions will
> be made:
>
> User Code (UTF16) > RTL (UTF8) > WINAPI (UTF16)

This would not happen because I proposed to have 2 versions of the
routines in the RTL. Not 1 UTF-8 version. There would be both UTF-8
and UTF-16 versions and one would naturally use the one which matches
his preferred encoding ... and the RTL would only convert the
non-native version.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho