Adding properties into existing stabs/dwarf; gdb readable workaround ? [[Re: [fpc-devel] Status and ideas about debug info (stabs, dwarf / dwar3)]]

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:52:13 CEST 2011

On 13/09/2011 14:33, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> No, he's saying that it should not be easy to do this accidentally. I
> can imagine that in IDEs that evaluate everything your mouse cursor
> happens to hoover over, automatic evaluation of getters with side
> effects can be quite an annoyance.

Again, I have not heard of a single developer complain about this in any
of the Delphi groups or forums. So I guess the "annoyance" level is > 1%

I guess most "getters" do just the basic, return some field variable
without data-changing effects - unlike the idiotic example of fetching a
value from a database in a getter. There are MUCH better designs than
that example given. [sorry to be harsh towards DaWorm, but that was a
damn stupid example]

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/