[fpc-devel] bounty: FPC based debugger

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Sep 13 10:23:55 CEST 2011

On 09/12/2011 11:51 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> ) debugger, I only want *better* high-level (language specific)
> support in Lazarus. Finally I want to debug applications, not an new
> debugger with different behaviour and restrictions on every platform ;-)
A multi-arch compiler should come with decent support for compatible
multi-arch enabled debugging including remote-debugging, for
cross-compiling environment.

> In so far I'm not very interested in commandline and remote debugging,
I suppose (like gdb) the debugger needs to consist of "stubs" that run
the executable under test and communicate via some byte-stream interface
with a user interface. This given, remote debugging should not offer any
additional challenge  and a command-line interface is the obvious
starting point before doing a complex GUI (e.g. integrated in an IDE)

-Michael