[fpc-devel] bounty: FPC based debugger

Dimitri Smits smitco at telenet.be
Mon Sep 12 14:57:40 CEST 2011

----- "Graeme Geldenhuys" <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> schreef:

> On 12/09/2011 13:30, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> > ???
> > EUR 100'000..200'000? Really?
>

> Yes, we all know your rates a much higher than others - so we will
> not
> ask you to do the work.

Graeme,

I think you underestimate the work required when doing it from scratch (or from Duby, which, from what I can see hasn't released anything to tinker with yet on their sf.net page).

That said, even when I think of the entry-level programming fee (no freelance/consultant) a professional developer gets a month in my country (Belgium), and divided by 20 to get a "daily" fee from it, it still is 125 euro before taxes etc (after which you have about 3/5 left). When you take into account the "black market" or "undeclared sidejob" as opposed to "hobby", that could go down to 50 or so. But still, it would take quite some more effort than "a few 1000 euro's" in manhours, especially for those "programmers with experience" (whom have a higher "cost" ofcourse).

I don't disagree with the need for a prime debugger, nor with the amounts of bounty everyone is offering, just with the statements above.

kind regards,
Dimitri Smits