[fpc-devel] bounty: FPC based debugger

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Mon Sep 12 13:16:21 CEST 2011

12.09.2011 19:00, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> True. And maintaining all platforms is a fulltime job too. And a FPC
> only debugger can not debug linked c libraries which we can do
> currently with gdb. And think of the remote debugging options gdb
> provides with many targets.
As I understand the plan is to create a new debugger without destroying
what we already have with gdb. At the moment Lazarus allows to write
debugger plugins. When the new debugger is ready the new plugin should
be written.

As result you should be able to debug linked c libraries as before with
gdb and to debug other code with the new debugger.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.