[fpc-devel] bounty: FPC based debugger

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 12:34:31 CEST 2011

Martin wrote:
> On 12/09/2011 08:47, Torsten Bonde Christiansen wrote:
>> I really miss the easy use of the Delphi debugger from D7. Especially the
>> live inspection of object during single step of the code.
>
> In that case you (all involved) better specify the required features.
>
> The debugger itself (in my understanding) can either have a library-like
> interface or command-line driven or both.

Allowing that gdb is implemented over a wide variety of CPUs and OSes, I
wonder whether it would make more sense to "adopt" libgdb than writing
something from scratch?

I've managed to compile this and incorporate it into the fp IDE for a
number of Linux platforms, with the exception of ARM which was
problematic. I can't remember the extent to which I've tried for Windows
and Solaris.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk