[fpc-devel] Project Idea: Mini-FPC

Jeff Duntemann jeff at duntemann.com
Sat Sep 10 23:34:19 CEST 2011

That just may do the job.

Three years ago I started rewriting my BP7 Pascal book for FPC, but the
issue of which IDE would be better for beginners drove me nuts. I looked
around for something simple and reliable and eventually set the project
aside. Lazarus is really the way to go for an IDE, but it's a lot to
grasp all at once for students and newcomers. Don't get me wrong; I love
it--but it really wasn't designed for absolute beginners.

The book is an intro to Pascal and not to Lazarus, but I'd really like
to use Lazarus as the example IDE, even though all the example code runs
in a console. I'll take a look at Lazarus for Education this week and
see whether it could work for the book.

Thanks for pointing it out to me.

--73--

--Jeff Duntemann