[fpc-devel] the new resourcestring in const translation

cobines cobines at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 23:34:15 CEST 2011

2011/9/9 Sergei Gorelkin <sergei_gorelkin at mail.ru>:
> Personally I don't think this is a valuable feature, but the matter of fact
> is all Delphi features are implemented in FPC sooner or later - so why not
> to do it sooner...

There was recently a fix to Lazarus where some buttons captions were
stored as constants strings and were not able to be translated.
Workaround was to create a function which returns a (then translated)
resource string at runtime. I also use such method in my application
and dislike the fact that I have to use additional code for it, so I
actually find this feature useful.

--
cobines