[fpc-devel] Re: issue examining pointer/array/record elements with GDB

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 18:50:38 CEST 2011

Martin said:

>I do not know whaere the erro comes from.
>
>just tried with gdb 7.3.2 on w32 fpc trunk
>- same error
>- but
>    Record1(myrec2^.RECS^[0]).a
>does work
>
>So if all you need is a way to get the data....

Thanks. You're correct, and that's exactly what I've been doing as a
workaround. It's less convenient than having it "just work," because
often at the point where I am in the code when I run across this
(which is usually more complicated than the simple example I provided)
it requires me opening up other units and searching for the record
definitions so I can remember what types the members are.

-SG

--
This email is fiction. Any resemblance to actual events
or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Seth Grover