[fpc-devel] Server availability

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:52:54 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 20:57, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> On 06 Sep 2011, at 11:46, Alexander Klenin wrote:
>
>> Can something be done to speed up the bugtracker?
>> I have just given up waiting for the bug page to load,
>> and just parroted the URL back to the freepascal.ru.
>
> Right after I sent my mail the server was rebooted for some reason, and the
> web server didn't respond for a while. I'm pretty sure it works fine if you
> try now (it does for me anyway).

Unfortunately, this is not so.
For example, right now I am waiting for bug_report_advanced_page.php
for more then 5 minutes already.
>From the traceroute, it seems that the server is hosted at someone's
home, connected by DSL?
Additionally, IP resolves back to "idefix.wise.be" site, which
displays a message regarding
disk failure -- no idea if this message is currect or outdated.

For at least last few months, I write down bugs I encounter in the local file,
since by the time the "Report Issue" page loads, I forget what I
wanted to report.
I suspect the server is severely overloaded.

--
Alexander S. Klenin