[fpc-devel] FPDoc and Lazarus

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Mon Sep 5 09:31:14 CEST 2011

On Mon, 5 Sep 2011, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:
>
>>> Have a look at the lcl grids "How to..." topic, and try to find out where
>>> a passage
>>> #text var #text
>>> might violate any fpdoc assumption.
>>
>> For starters, you can't have a <ul> in a table cell.
>>> It would help a lot, when also the *next* tag were shown, which requires
>>> that the preceding text must be wrapped into an paragraph.
>>
>> I suggest you start submitting patches for all the issues that bother you.
>
> For now I only have feature requests or bug reports, no solutions.
>
>> The programs seem to work well enough for me and other people. As evidence,
>> I refer to the many pages of existing documentation.
>
> Following your logic, a compiler is good enough when it accepts only valid
> code, and stops with exceptions on errors?

I would have absolutely no problems with it. The error must be fixed first anyway.

I always look at the first error, fix it and recompile. I don't even look at
the rest.

That doesn't mean I don't consider a compiler that would try to continue and
give more info as a better compiler, but for my purposes the first one is enough.

> There seem to exist other people with different experience and expectations
> as well :-(

No problem with that either. But they should not expect me to solve their
issues for them, unless they can convince me that it's really an issue.

And so far, you have not convinced me.

Well, at least not of the fact that there are serious issues with fpdoc.
The issues with the style file, I already fixed as you should well know.

Michael.