[fpc-devel] FPDoc and Lazarus

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 09:05:11 CEST 2011

On 05/09/2011, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho >
> I think that one thing passed here unnoticed Michael, Hans-Peter is
> correct in pointing out that the fpdoc.css is missing and this

Wasn't there a built-in template inside fpdoc, that on generating the
HTML output, it generated the fpdoc.css.  I vaguely remember something
like this - or maybe it was simply a feature request.

> should I add? The one which Lazarus uses? Or do you have a more
> special version for fpc?

The one Lazaru uses is broken, so don't use that one. It causes
double-spacing in the HTML output. Use the one I posted a URL link to,
or use the one use by the freepascal.org website.

   http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/index.html

> make rtl.chk
> make fcl.chk
> make html FPCSRCDIR=../fpctrunk/
>
> Except for the fact that I have no latex installed, so the html
> generation fails.

You are confused, or didn't read the README.DOCS file very well. The
first two commands don't require LaTeX, because they use fpdoc XML
files and the FPC source code as the documentation source. You would
probably have to pass in the FPCSRCDIR parameter too though.

The last command 'make html', generates the "full" documentation. That
means RTL, FCL, Language Reference, User Guide, Programmer Guide
etc... The last three are *.tex file, hence they need LaTeX or the
LaTex-to-HTML tool to work.

> What is the output of make rtl.chk? I could find nothing...

There should have been a 'rtl' directory created in the current
directory, with the HTML class documentation for the RTL.

  - Graeme -