[fpc-devel] FPC-JVM: Status report on Android

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Sep 2 11:04:24 CEST 2011

On 01 Sep 2011, at 21:40, Sven Barth wrote:

> Two more questions regarding compilation:
> 1. is it normal that the compiler is compiled to compiler/ppcjvm/
> instead of compiler/jvm/ when using "make PPC_TARGET=jvm all"?

I don't see that, all object and unit files are stored under compiler/
jvm/units/<fpchostplatform> here. I also don't understand how that can
happen, because the name of the generated compiler binary is also
"ppcjvm" and you can't have a file and a directory with the same name
in a single directory.

> 2. when calling the compiler without "-XP " then it always tries to
> find jvm-java-java. Didn't you prohibit that? At least I thought I
> had read that in your commit log...

I changed fpcmake so that the generated makefiles never pass -XP when
targeting the JVM. However, if you compile normally and your /etc/
fpc.cfg is used, its standard logic to set the -XP parameter based on
the fact that you are cross-compiling will still be triggered. I
haven't modified samplecfg/fpcmkcfg yet to prevent that from happening
in newly generated config files though.

Jonas