[fpc-devel] Issue 20124: Error with static "direct field" properties

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:48:05 CEST 2011

[Is there any method to either comment on or re-open resolved isses?
It is very frustrating to be forced to switch comminication channel]

I think this issue is resolved prematurely.
First, I do not see a reason why normal property can not be
implemented by static field.
Second, even is such a reason is provided, compiler should error out
instead of generating bogus code
(Optimal solution would be to issue a warning or hint and generate
correct code).
Either way, "no change required" is IMHO wrong resolution.

--
Alexander S. Klenin