[fpc-devel] FPDoc sources

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Thu Sep 1 15:21:38 CEST 2011

On Thu, September 1, 2011 14:37, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 01/09/2011, Tomas Hajny wrote:
>> mind would be skipping the '$' sign at the beginning (as that is
>> specific
>
> That is simply a "generic term/symbol" to indicate that what follows
> should be typed in at a command prompt. We can't use bold or italics
> or a different font, as is used in other types of rich documents, to
> explain what parts of text means "type this in as is at a command
> prompt".

Well, this is exactly something that may easily be seen as part of one's
context/background. It is surely not something generic for most
Windows-only programmers. You don't need to clarify the meaning to me but
rather consider whether this understanding applies to all others (OK,
mostor at least most).

 .
 .
>> properly (e.g. either starting this command from the full fpcbuild
>> export
>> or having the source files pointed to by some environment variable).
>
> Read the rest of the README.DOCS file. It's all there!

Correct, sorry, my fault. :-( Putting some kind of a forward reference to
the General settings chapter before the make command wouldn't hurt, but
that's indeed no excuse for not reading up to the end right away.

Tomas