[fpc-devel] FPDoc sources

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Thu Sep 1 14:23:53 CEST 2011

On Thu, September 1, 2011 13:05, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2011, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>> michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be schrieb:
>>
>>> There is a file called README.DOCS in the documentation directory.
 .
 .
>>> Idealists as we are in the open source community, we assume that people
>>> actually read these files.
>>> (But maybe we're just being silly)
>>
>> No, you are not silly - you only read your docs in your own context and
>> background, not how a user will read and understand it :-(
>
> I'm having difficulties understanding how the text can be misunderstood:

> If you only want the html reference documentation (fpdoc format), type
>
>    $ make rtl.chk
 .
 .

This should be indeed clear enough. Possible improvements coming to my
mind would be skipping the '$' sign at the beginning (as that is specific
to Unix platforms and not really part of the typed command anyway) and
also mentioning the assumed prerequisites for the command above to work
properly (e.g. either starting this command from the full fpcbuild export
or having the source files pointed to by some environment variable).

Tomas