[fpc-devel] bug report 20473: Please add a directive to define string=utf8string

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 13:55:17 CEST 2011

On Thursday 13 October 2011 13.41:24 Marco van de Voort wrote:

> > It's time to cut the gordian knot and take a decision.
> > All pros and contras have been discussed at great length meanwhile.
>
> Exactly. That's why a decision that is futureproof should be made, and not
> just start hacking, and see where we end up.

Suggestion:
Let it be as it is in fixes_2_6, add support for Unicode resource strings and
invest power into development of Delphi like packages for example.
Reading the mentioned thread in Embarcadero forums it seems that there are
plans to simplify strings in Delphi so in some time FPC needs to catch up
again.

Martin