[fpc-devel] new string - question on usage

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 13 10:52:19 CEST 2011

Am 13.10.2011 10:46, schrieb Michael Schnell:
> On 10/13/2011 09:47 AM, Sven Barth wrote:
>>
>> Since FPC 2.4 there also is a UnicodeString in FPC which is compatible
>> to the one in Delphi: a reference counted 2-byte-per-character string
>> type.
> So you suggest that in Delphi XE, UnicodeString is _not_ a "new String"
> Type ?

I don't know what you describe as "new string", but "UnicodeString" was
introduced as a new type in Delphi 2009 and "String" was made an alias
to "UnicodeString". If you want to use the code page aware string, then
you need to use "AnsiString(xyz)" which is no longer used for "String".

Regards,
Sven